| Health Office
The Health Office is staffed by a Health Clerk. Health Clerks are certified in First Aid and trained in CPR. They assist with first aid or illness situations occurring at school, but are not licensed or trained in diagnosis. We trust that you will understand the need for the following standards:
1. Students should not be sent to school if they have any of the following symptoms:
2. Medications at school:
- Sore throat, severe cough, earache, colored (green or yellow) nasal discharge
- Undiagnosed rash
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea
- Temperature of 100 degrees or more
3. Consult your doctor for suspected illness or injuries as we are equipped to provide emergency first aid only for accidents that occur at school.
- Medications should be given at home whenever possible. Ask if a prescribed medication can be given after school rather than during school.
- If medications (prescription or over-the-counter) must be given at school, they will be accepted only after a "Medication during School Hours" form is completed by the parent and physician (and re-submitted each year as needed). Check out our Medication Policy link for complete details.
4. Provide the school with current emergency telephone numbers so that we may contact you immediately if necessary. Designate local persons to act on your behalf and take responsibility for your child's care if you cannot be reached. While family is usually your first choice in this situation, it does not benefit the child if the family member does not live locally or if the person works full-time. Please designate people who are most likely to be available. Do not list anyone under the age of 18 (including siblings) as we will not release your child to them. Students will not be released to anyone without prior written permission.
5. If your child needs to be excused from Physical Education activity, he/she must have a written letter from the parent stating the reason for child must be out. Any P. E. excuse longer than 5 days requires a doctor's note. No verbal requests are accepted.
Last Updated on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 02:09 PM